Our ministries exist to strengthen a believer’s walk with God by keeping the Bible at the center of all we do. One of our core values at RLC is that the Bible is wholly sufficient in our pursuit of God. In each of our ministries, we seek to apply this truth by teaching every follower of Christ the depth, power, and richness of God’s Word.
Each Sunday, you will notice that our church is full of children! God has been wonderfully gracious to us in giving us children that are “created in his image” (Genesis 1:27).
Our children’s ministry is led by Kelly McIntire and a wonderful group of volunteers. They are committed to teaching our children foundational biblical truths so that they will learn Christ from an early age.
Here’s what you can expect your child to learn at Risen Life:
- To learn how to read and pray the Bible
- To learn how the whole Bible reveals God’s plan of redemption in Jesus Christ
- To learn how to honor their parents
- To learn about missionaries and what they are doing around the world for the cause of Christ
- To love the songs we sing on Sunday morning
- To learn how to share the gospel
- To do activities that are biblical and creative
The curriculum we use for our children is the “Gospel Story Curriculum.” The purpose of this curriculum is to teach children God’s plan of redemption from Genesis-Revelation.
Small Groups, Ladies’ and Men’s Groups
At Risen Life Church, we seek to follow the pattern of the New Testament churches by both gathering formally to hear the preaching of God’s Word and then living life together throughout the week, applying God’s word to all we do in our day-to-day lives. We believe small groups create settings in which we can know one another better. Several small groups exist for you to participate in:
- Care groups every 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 6:30 and Thursdays at 7:30
- Ladies’ Bible Study every 1st Wednesday of the month. Current Study: Hebrews
- Men’s Gathering every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Current Study: James
- Youth Group every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month. Meeting at the Church building. Current Study: “Don’t Call it A Comeback“
See our Calendar page for more info and group leader contact information.
The purpose of each of these small groups is to…
1.) Exhort one another – Our goal in small groups is to exhort one another in our pursuit of God as the Spirit works his sanctifying grace in us.
2.) Encourage one another – The greatest expression of encouragement in the body of Christ is to do that by “living life together.” We seek to encourage one another in our faith so that, by God’s grace, we will be strengthened in our pursuit of God.
3.) Edify one another – Paul writes in Colossians 1:28 that his goal in proclaiming Christ is to “present everyone mature in Christ.” As we cling to God’s Word together, we believe God will deepen our relationship with him by edifying us as mature followers of Christ.
Please reach out to us at our contact page with any questions.